The Claretian Missionaries are dedicated to seeing the world especially through the eyes of the poor and to making the world a better place to live. Our primary ministries in the U.S. are:
- Preaching God’s Word, especially through parish and campus ministry;
- Community development programs within high-poverty, urban communities;
- Publishing bilingual periodicals and materials to support Hispanic ministry and leadership development in the Catholic Church;
- Publishing magazines and materials to help Catholics live their faith in the U.S. today; and
- Fostering and maintaining a devotion to St. Jude, the patron saint of hope, throughout the U.S.
For us, each parish is a vital font of sacramental life, and the heart of where the community gathers to live and celebrate the gospel. We focus mainly on Hispanic communities and are dedicated to living and working with the people in great need. Our missionaries, now in seven states, address a variety of issues including hunger, poverty, gang and domestic violence, housing, parenting, healthcare, and education—rough realities tackled with trust in the Lord and inspired by the power of God’s Word.
The following overview of our ministries in the U.S. is a broad profile of the work to which we dedicate our lives. For more detailed information, please visit our Claretian Initiative website at www.claretianinitiative.org.
- Youth Programs music, theater/dance, visual arts, sports, leadership, gang intervention, tutoring
- Violence Prevention after-school tutoring, domestic violence programs, gang intervention, job/life skills
- Leadership Development youth councils, summer-jobs programs, after-school tutoring, adult leadership, parenting, parish and neighborhood councils
- Health nutrition, physical fitness, spiritual counseling, senior healthcare education and access
- Housing affordable housing with support programs for families, senior housing
- Counseling violence, youth and gang, mentoring, spiritual, grief, referrals (for legal aid, substance abuse, and immigration aid)
- Tutoring K-12 after-school programs, computer technology
- Schools preschool, elementary, high school
- Scholarships pre-K through 8 Catholic education, high school, college, adult education
- Campus Ministry Missouri