We are dedicated to seeing the world through the eyes of the poor and working with them to make a better world. Our primary ministries in the U.S. are:
- Preaching God’s Word, especially through parish ministry;
- Community development programs within high-poverty, urban communities;
- Publishing bilingual periodicals and materials to support Hispanic ministry and leadership development in the Catholic Church;
- Publishing magazines and other materials to help Catholics live their faith in the U.S. today; and
- Fostering and maintaining a devotion to St. Jude, the patron saint of hope, throughout the U.S.
For us, each parish is a vital font of sacramental life, and the heart of where the community gathers to live and celebrate the gospel. We focus mainly on Hispanic communities, and are dedicated to living and working with the people in great need. From our faith, we work on health, education, leadership, and violence intervention as we build healthy communities—always with the people. Our missionaries, now in nine states, address a variety of issues including hunger, poverty, gang and domestic violence, housing, parenting, healthcare, and education—rough realities tackled with trust in the Lord and inspired by the power of God’s Word.